Kumasi Girls Senior High School is located at Abrepo, on the road that leads off Abrepo-junction towards Barekese. The school started as a private secondary school for girls in 1953 by Mr. Caxton Williams, a Sierra Leone at Susanso, near Bomso Junction, on the Kumasi-Accra road. In the early 1960s the proprietor moved the school to Old Tafo where it remained in rented premises till 1992 when the school moved to its present and permanent site at Abrepo. The Government took over the running of the school in 1963
To empower Ghanaian girls with education to make them useful citizens in the country and be responsible to their families.
To be an excellent centre of total education for girls academically, socially, intellectually, morally and physically
Awards and Achievements
|Year||Title of Award||Position|
|The school has achieved academic laurels in WASSCE examinations and various academic competitions.|