St. John's Grammar Senior High started as a co-educational boarding institution with four students at Kokomlemle on 16th May 1954 by John Hayford Mensah. Besides the traditional subjects, French, Latin and Greek were taught, hence the name Grammar school. It was moved to Achimota on the Accra-Nsawam road in 1964 and was absorbed into the Public school system in January 1965. In 1968 the Government acquired the entire land and building on the school compound.
Besides the traditional subjects, French, Latin and Greek were taught in the school, hence the name Grammar School.
To produce a functional, productive and well balanced individual with the requisite knowledge, skills, values, attitudes, and aptitude which will enable them compete favourably in the global world.
To be a leading second cycle institution in the provision of holistic and quality education in Ghana.
Second Sunday of each month from 2pm to 5pm
Awards and Achievements
|Year||Title of Award||Position|
|The school has produced prominent personalities including: Professor Otoo Ellis – immediate past ViceChancellor, KNUST Professor Alex Dodoo – Associate Professor of Pharmacy at University of Ghana Medical School, Korlebu Hon. Dr. Ben Abdallah – Former Minister of Education Apostole-General Rev. Sam Korankye Ankrah|