Oppong Memorial Senior High is located in the Bekwai Municipality, Kokofu to be precise, the school was established through the brain dream of the late Kyidomhene of Kokofu, Nana Aduboahene and a few influential citizens of Kokofu around 1973/74 academic year.
In order to produce students who can face the challenges of tomorrow the school adhere strictly to the mission of the school which aims at;
- Developing young people with creative minds, a sense of understanding and compassion for others and the courage to solve problems independently.
- We stress on the total development of each student; spiritually, intellectually, socially, emotionally and physically.
- Oppon Memorial Senior High School recognizes that each student is an individual that all children are creative, that all children need to succeed. Therefore Oppon Memorial Senior High School respects the individual needs of students, fosters a caring and creative environment. The school aims at providing quality, comprehensive and meaningful education for all students.
- Each student is given the opportunity to succeed within the bounds of their abilities and chosen educational goals.
- Each student is treated as an individual given the tools to be life – long learner and taught to function as a member of a group and as a productive member of society.
- To attain high academic excellence through hard work.
- To produce self-disciplined and self motivated graduates that can take responsible positions in the society.
The above can be achieved through the following measures:
- Recruiting qualified, self-disciplined teaching and non-teaching staff who are hardworking.
- Provision of infrastructural facilities to provide very conducive atmosphere for teaching and learning.
- Provision of teaching and learning materials, including a standard library.
- Provision of recreational facilities