Ebenezer Senior High Rules, Regulation and Dress Codes
A student who violates the school's code of conduct shall be subject to disciplinary action. Disciplinary actions may include using one or more discipline management techniques, such as removal from class, removal to an alternative school, in-school suspension, out-of-school suspension, and indefinite suspension. Disciplinary actions will be appropriate for the offense. In addition, when a student violates the law, that student may be referred to the legal authorities for prosecution. Every student receives a code of conduct contract at the start of each school year.
In the event of any absence, a parent or guardian must contact the school not later than 10:00am on the morning of the absence. A phone call from students, brothers or sisters is not acceptable. The parent or guardian is thus required to obtain formal permission through writing to the school.
CLASS ATTENDANCE AND UNEXCUSED ABSENCE
Regular and punctual attendance at school and all classes is an integral component of the student's learning process. The experiences in the classroom are vital to the student's successful learning. Therefore, regular attendance to all classes is essential to fulfill academic and attendance requirements.
1. For the purposes of this regulation, all absences will count with the exception of:
- Disciplinary suspension
- Students offered alternative programmes as recommended by the school Counseling Unit.
- Field trips (as required by course curriculum).
- Excused absences
2. Actions of Notification
- Provisions of this regulation will be publicized annually in the Students report
- After ten (10) unexcused absences in a term, the student will be informed and the parent or guardian will be invited to the school to discuss the absences
DRESS CODE - STUDENT DRESS
The School encourages students to dress in a manner that reflects pride in and respect for themselves, their school, and their community. To provide a positive, safe and non-disruptive learning environment, a proper attire should be worn.
Students are responsible for sweeping, scrubbing, weeding and performing other cleaning jobs. Every Form 1 and 2 student is allocated a Plot of the campus to maintain.
Possession of smoking materials or the use of tobacco products including electronic cigarettes by students and visitors is prohibited in all school buildings, on school grounds and recreational fields. In addition, students are not permitted to smoke off campus even out of the supervision of school personnel. Students are reminded that smoking is a disciplinary offence punishable by suspension.
Bringing drugs or alcohol to school activities, school buildings or to school grounds is prohibited. Possession of drugs including steroids or performance-enhancing substances or alcohol on persons, in lockers, desks, vehicles, or any place in the school is prohibited. Distribution, sale, or use of drugs or alcohol at school activities, in school buildings or on school grounds is prohibited.
School property may be inspected by school or police authorities in the interest of maintenance, health, and safety. Inspections for the location of drugs, narcotics, liquor, weapons, poisons, and missing properties are matters relating to health and safety and may be regarded as subject to reasonable search by school personnel.
A student or parent who has a complaint should first bring the matter to the appropriate teacher. If the outcome is not satisfactory, the appropriate school Counselor or Assistant Head should be contacted. If that conference is not satisfactory, the Headteacher should be contacted.
- Every student is strictly expected to bring along a National Health Insurance Card
- Students who do not bring with them the required number of articles will be sent home at once to collect them.
- All new students must be medically fit. They will be expected to participate in all P.E. activities and School work. Medical examination will be conducted at the school.
NB: SOUND SYSTEM AND MOST PERSONAL ELECTRICAL GAGDET ARE NOT ALLOWED
- No cell (mobile) phones, iPod, Walkmans, discman players, Mp3s, etc are permitted.
NB: ANY UNAUTHORIZED CLOTHING / ITEMS BROUGHT TO THE SCHOOL WILL BE CONFISCATED